Thursday, May 17, 2012

Heaven in a bowl

While perusing the internet the other day, of which I can't remember if it was on Pinterest or just various food blogs, I came across a recipe for chocolate peanut butter oatmeal. I couldn't think of anything that would taste better! It looked so awesome! So when I was trying to think of what to eat for breakfast yesterday morning, I thought I'd give it a try. Of course I couldn't remember where I'd seen the recipe, and had not pinned it or saved it to my favourites, so I just came up with something on my own. It turned out fantastic! And of course the kids loved it too, seeing as they come by their chocoholic-ism and peanut butter honestly.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal


Ingredients:

1 1/3 cups water
2/3 cup quick oats
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
sweetener to taste (optional)

Directions:

1. Combine water, oats, cocoa powder, cinnamon and sweetener (if using) in a microwavable bowl and cook for one minute.  Stir then cook for another minute until thickened.
2. Stir in peanut butter, and enjoy!

Serves 2


No comments:

Post a Comment