Monday, June 18, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award

I got an email the other day saying that my blog had been awarded the One Lovely Blog Award, thanks to my wonderful friend Sabrina Fish!  Thanks so much chica!  I'm glad you have enjoyed reading my blog and find me worthy of this award!

Sabrina is one of the most wonderful people I met while living in Oklahoma.  She was a great friend to me for 3 years while living there.  She is a writer and aspiring fantasy author, currently working on her first book.  Head on over to her blog, Sabrina's Writing Reflections and follower her journey!   

The rules when accepting this award include:

1. Name and thank the blogger.
2. List seven facts about yourself.
3. Award up to fifteen other bloggers this award.

So here are seven facts about myself, that not everyone may know:

1. I have a severe addiction to peanut butter.
2. I need at least one hour of each day to myself, to clear my head, and be alone.  Being a stay-at-home mommy to two very busy pre-schoolers is all consuming and challenging!
3. I really suck at push-ups.  I may workout most days of the week, but I hate push-ups, so I avoid them as much as possible, even to the point of sitting back and watching as a video instructor does them! LOL
4. I like carpet.  With two dogs who shed like crazy, carpet is really good at hiding that instead of leaving dust bunnies of hair flying all over the place!
5. My first career choice was to be a physiotherapist, but I didn't get accepted into any of the programs in Ontario (which was devastating) after I completed my undergrad, even though I had tons of practical volunteer experience.  Apparently my GPA wasn't good enough.
6. I have a very high pain tolerance.  I tend to go into a trance-like state when faced with painful situations, which is probably why I was able to deliver both my children naturally, without pain medication.
7. I am a perfectionist and a neat-freak and it stresses me out when things don't go as planned or when things are a mess, which makes meal-time with young children stressful for me. LOL

Now, since I don't know 15 other bloggers, I'm not really going to be able to award this to them!  I can, however, award it to the lovely Brittany Guindon of The Joy{full} Kitchen!  Like me, she is a food blogger, an anglophone living in Northern Quebec (we were in the same French class on the base) and has some great recipes on her blog! Go and check her out! This One Lovely Blog Award gets passed on to you Brittany!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment