Thursday, June 21, 2012

Back in the saddle

So, I've gotten a bit lazy with my blogging lately.  I've been making things, and taking pictures, but just not sitting down and taking the time to blog about it!  So I've got about 3 posts I could be putting up.  Baby-steps though!  For today's post, since it is hot outside, I'm going to post the ever tasty, frosty beverage I've frequently talked about on Facebook, the winerita!  So tasty!  Frozen wine bevy!  For those of you who enjoy a frozen margarita, and red wine, this one is for you!  While living in Oklahoma, there was a local winery (yes, they do have them in the dry climates like Oklahoma, where not much really grows!) who sold a "winerita" mix.  I never actually went to the winery myself, or purchased the mix, but friends of mine did, and frequently shared the drink at get togethers!  I fell in love!  No one really knew what was in the mix, but one fellow Canadian thought she figured it out, upon looking at the ingredients and comparing to another popular drink mix...Cherry Kool-Aid and fruit sugar!  So once back in Canada, and getting a craving for a frosty summer beverage, I went to the grocery store and bought me some cherry Kool-Aid!  Once home, I mixed it with the required 1 cup of white sugar (I don't have fruit sugar, and not even really sure what that is), stored it in a jar, and mixed it in the blender with crushed ice.  Tastes almost exactly the same!  Enjoy my red-wine loving friends!

Red Winerita

Ingredients: Winerita Mix

1 pkg cherry Kool-Aid
1 cup white sugar

Directions:

1.  Mix the packet with sugar and store in an air-tight container until ready to use.

Ingredients: Winerita Beverage
2 cups crushed ice
1/3 bottle (750 mL bottle) red wine (doesn't matter what kind)
1/4 cup Winerita mix

Directions:

1. Crush ice in blender until snow-like consistency.
2. Add wine and winerita mix and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into margarita or wine glass (or glass of your desire) and enjoy on a hot day by the pool, lake, or wherever you may be!



1 comment:

  1. This sounds so GOOD! Too bad I am reading this at the end of the summer! Too chilly for that now :) But I will put it on my list to make for next summer! Also, it'a totally normal that life gets busy & you stop blogging...but I want you to know that I love your blog & I hope you keep sharing your delicious recipes!
    xx

    ReplyDelete