Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter time fun!

So apparently I'm not blogging fast enough for my sister.   This one is going to be a quick one for you Heather!  And I expect you to make them this weekend with your kids!  I promise, I will get my next post up quicker!  Thinking of trying a new dessert recipe this weekend, in celebration of Easter and a Quebec tradition, so I'll post once it's complete. 

It's Easter time!  And with that come Easter craft and activities for the kids.  Last year, Eric's birthday fell over the Easter weekend, and actually Emma's was right on Easter, so I decided to make Easter bunny cupcakes for his preschool class to have to celebrate his birthday.  They were really easy and super cute!  So this year, when my friend Nicola mentioned that she was going to make something for the boys' preschool class for Easter, I suggested we do the cupcakes together!  There really isn't a recipe for the cupcakes, you just make your favourite cupcake recipe and then decorate from there.  I don't really have a creative bone in my body, so the tutorial for making the super cute bunnies is from the Disney Family Fun website.  Follow this link for the video tutorial of the  Easter Bunny Cupcakes!  In the end you will end up with something looking just like these beauties below!  We did change up the colour of the coloured sugar ears and whiskers, for what I had on hand and what I could find at the grocery store.  Thank you Nicola for the idea and great team work!  This would be a great activity to do with older children with more dexterity than 2 to 5 year olds!


No comments:

Post a Comment