Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Slow cooking challenge

I've decided to challenge myself this week and come up with a plan for daily slow cooker recipes.  This feat is actually pretty easy with websites such as "The Crockin' Girls"!  Which is where many of the recipes came from.  I love using my slow cooker. It's just so convenient!  Throw your ingredients in early in the day, set it, then forget it!  Walk away, come back a few hours later, and you've got a fantastic meal!  This will be the first time I will attempt pizza in the crock pot.  I'm intrigued!  I will be making my own pizza dough, however, instead of using store-bought.  Feel free to modify any ingredients in any of the recipes to suit your own tastesI know I will be for the lentil and sausage stew.  I have never bought canned potatoes, nor will I ever.  Fresh potatoes, fresh carrots, and fresh zucchini will replace all the canned ingredients.  I will stick with canned tomatoes though.

I'm excited for this challenge, and hopefully you will be too!

Feb 17, 2013 - Feb 23, 2013



Sun, Feb 17


Garlic mashed potatoes
Vegetable of choice

Mon, Feb 18


Steamed rice


Tue, Feb 19


Crockpot Bacon ranch chicken served over rotini
Caesar salad


Wed, Feb 20


Left overs

Thu, Feb 21


Rice noodles
Steamed broccoli

Fri, Feb 22



Sat, Feb 23


Crudities and dip









No comments:

Post a Comment